The winter updates were bogged down with silly levels of distractions. My primary broken bones are healing well enough that I can start wrenching on the Chevelle again. The current list:
- Fresh trunk hinges – I have a set of Fesler trunk hinges that should radically improve the challenge of using the trunk.
- Power steering – I have a slightly more modern pump, snazzy mount, hoses and shiny reservoir that should help get the system back to being parking lot friendly.
- Steering column – The absurdly stiff steering did a number on the splines for the steering wheel, so I need to order up a fresh column.
- Baer brakes in the back – I’ve had them for years, now would be a great time to install.
- Fuel injection – The MSD Atomic system looks like a convenient option for me.
If I time all this correctly, my ankle should be ready to use the clutch when the car is ready.